Friday, March 7, 2008

Letter Thirty-two

March 7, 2008

Dear Editor:
While I'm flattered you want to read my manuscript THE ICICLE CRIMINAL, I have a few concerns regarding the little changes you suggested.

First, changing Harry to a woman seems like a drastic move to make the novel more multi-layered. Also, could you please give me an idea of where you're going by putting the new protagonist 'Mary' in a lesbian relationship with Maggie? Yes, having the children be twin quadriplegics would lend sympathy to Mary's character, but wouldn't this entail a rewrite on the scale of Waterworld? Do twin quadriplegics eat hot wings and pizza?

My spouse has graciously agreed to forgo the C class and is considering an Acura.

Enclosed please find the requested manuscript with the suggested changes.

Sincerely,

U.S. Writer

No comments: